And we wanted to take a minute to thank those who participated in the 4th Annual WRHS Alumni Drive for the Wachusett Food Pantry that was organized by the following classes: 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1997.
Together we had the most successful drive in our short history and were able to help those struggling to pay bills put some food on the table during the holiday season.
Our totals for the drive included over 20 bags of donations and $565 in monetary donations.
Major kudos – and our sincere thanks – go out to the following who contributed, both big and small (this is not all inclusive as many donated without leaving their names so we apologize in advance if we’ve left anyone off):
- The Bartlett Family of Sterling
- Jodi Briggs
- Murray Bristol
- Carrie’s Creations and Village Garden Center of Holden
- Amy (Mikelonis) Davis
- Amelia (Etrie) DeRosa
- Kara (Campobasso) and Jesse Fisette
- Candace (Fisher) Gardner
- Kari Fortin
- Elliot Fuller
- Stephanie (Magdis) and Mark Girouard
- Tara & Joe Kalinowski
- Christina (Gunther) Lashua
- Adam Lein
- Megan (Hehir) and James Marshall
- Katie “Caribbean Queen” O’Connell
- Kelly (Runstrom) Reed
- Jennifer (Bergren) and Kevin Simes
- Elizabeth (Morrison) Singh
- Wachusett Family Practice (Doctors and Staff) of Holden
- Jill (Fortin) Zelley and her store Mountainside Market of Princeton
As far as the internal competition: the Class of 1995 won “The Greatest Class Ever” title which is good for one year until the next food drive.
And Adam Lein, Jill (Fortin) Zelley and Katie “Caribbean Queen” O’Connell have won free admission into The Best Class Ever’s next reunion. Stay tuned in the next few days to find out when that will be.