(ABOVE: Chico is surrounded by members of the undefeated, 13-0, WRHS football team that won the Superbowl this season. During the two-day leadership conference Chico taught the team about what it takes to be a winner.)
Last year many expected our class to celebrate 15 years of greatness. But 2009 came and went with a whimper and without even one gathering of class members. That is when the whispers began to mount, turning into a freight train of rumors that continue to gather steam:
- The Class of 94 lost its edge and went soft.
- Cederbaum and her band of thieves were up to no good, sabotaging all efforts for a reunion.
- The economy finally showed a chink in The Best Class Ever’s armor and forced their hand. There was even talk that Chico had made some bad investments on behalf of our class with Bernie Madoff, losing millions of dollars that would have been spent on our reunion on things like chocolate cake and napkins.
- 30/30 – headed by Marsilly, Moler, Pluffe and Gorsinski – had kidnapped Chico, Bradshaw and Rettig to humiliate our class leaving us without the leadership necessary to organize a 15 year reunion.
- Chico had gone into hiding in the Himalayas after assassination attempts on his life increased twenty-fold.
All of this is hogwash.
The Class of 1994 is stronger than ever. And just when the doubters thought we were done we have come out on top once again.
And we are back. With a vengeance.
2010 IS THE YEAR OF 1994.
Last month Chico led off a two-day Leadership Conference with that statement stunning the pundits with his bravado.
At the conference he spoke to today’s youth, including current Wachusett students, showing them how to reach the pinnacle of success – using OUR CLASS as the model.
At the end of the conference there was a question and answer session where members of the 2009 undefeated WRHS football team that won the Superbowl against Holy Name, 34-0, pulled no punches.
They asked Chico point blank: “If your class is supposedly the best why didn’t you have a 15 year reunion this year? You guys are all talk. No action.”
Chico’s response? “We didn’t have a 15 year reunion because we are having a SWEET 16 in 2010. No one will see it coming. In effect we will hit the competition when they least expect it. And there will be no recovery. Boo Yaa.”
The crowd went nuts and the WRHS football team carried Chico 9.4 miles down Main Street in Holden chanting “94! 94! 94!”